27 December 2022

First Watercolour Painting

 I haven't created in a long time. I especially haven't painted anything with the intention to create something in even longer. In an effort to help inspire me, I was given some watercolour and acrylic paints for my birthday. And in an effort to make Bob Ross proud, I took to it with gusto on Christmas Eve.

Of course, being that I have never used watercolours in a tube before, I practiced on some lower weight paper to sample some techniques. While playing, with wet-on-wet, wet-on-dry, and blending I indeed found some inspiration.

Absolutely, I had no idea what I was going to paint, but I knew that I wanted to approach it in the Bob Ross style. I adore him and aspire to attain such a fluid technique for creating original work.

Anyway, this is what resulted:

blackrainbow-watercolour-24dec2022
Bob Ross inspired Watercolour ~ 24Dec2022

This was created on 140 lb. watercolour paper in about 2 hours or so (I had to wait for the background and several layers to dry before using the wet-on-dry technique). The paper did curl a bit, but that's okay; if I ever frame this, it should sort itself out.

Personally, I think it's a pretty piece with vibrant colours and textures.

Feel free to give your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with using watercolour paints.

Check back for more soon. Thanks for popping in! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am no Bob Ross…

 And watercolours are not oil paints! My second attempt at a watercolour painting did not feel as successful as the first. Though, it wasn’t...